If you do decide to go the route of applying for and obtaining a valid “low THC oil” card in the state of Georgia, here are some important things that you should know in regard to the process:
- In order to apply, you’ll have to schedule an appointment with your physician. If he/she deems you qualified, they will enter you into the aforementioned ‘Low THC Oil Registry,’ after which you will be able to pick up your ID card from one of 20 Public Health Offices across the state
- The card costs $25, and is valid for two years upon issuance (the entire application process is completed by your physician’s office)
- “Low THC” patients are legally allowed to possess up to 20 oz of “infused cannabis oils” that, as we mentioned, must contain no more than 5% THC
- The oil must be in a “pharmaceutical container” with a manufacturer label indicating both the THC and CBD percentages
To summarize, patients who want to use CBD oil in Georgia basically have two options when it comes to purchasing, possessing, and using products:
- They can either go through the above-outlined process and obtain a “low THC oil” registration card, which allows them to use and possess cannabis oil with up to 5% THC, or…
- They can purchase CBD hemp oil online that is legal to ship to all 50 U.S. states. These oils must contain less than 0.3% THC by law, and they typically will contain between 2-3% CBD.
Truth be told, the majority of patients who use CBD oil in Georgia will purchase online, as they do nothave to go through the process of meeting with a physician and applying for the registration card. Moreover, as we highlighted above, even with a valid registration card Georgia patients are still limited as to where and how they can get ahold of medical cannabis oil.
Lastly, it’s worth pointing out that some of these CBD hemp oils that you can get from online U.S. sellers are indeed high-quality and incredibly effective products, even if they are less potent than the higher THC oils available in medical dispensaries. If you’d like some recommendations on reputable brands to consider purchasing from, we suggest taking a look at this recent articlewhich highlights several of the top U.S. CBD hemp oil sellers in 20189